viernes, 15 de octubre de 2010

Late Nights and Late Thoughts

Listening to: The world spins madly on by The Weepies


Oh, how I love this song...

I just came back from The Venue, our own on campus club! It was great fun, though my feet are really sore right now because I'm not that great on heels. It was my first time clubbing with my architecture people and it was definitely worth it. I think I found a good group of people to become friends with.

Before all the fun however, I found out that F1 and F2 aren't planning on going back to Madrid as we'd agreed for F3's birthday. I find that I am quite disappointed, even though I have no real, reasonable reason to be.

I'll explain a bit better: F1, F2, F3 and me where the Fantastic Four at school. We were best friends, we were sisters...We were everything for each other. But F1 is in Bristol now, F2 in London and F3 is still in Madrid...So yes, it is complicated.

I thought we would all try our hardest to make this work. It is, after all, like a long distance relationship: there has to be effort put by everyone. That is why we said we'd go back to Madrid for F3's 18th birthday. It just made sense. We would all be back together in our city for such a special occasion.

But now, they are saying they've spent all their money partying at uni and that really it won't be much time and why don't we just invite F3 to London the next weekend as a birthday present?

And it doesn't sound that unreasonable...Except, somehow, it does.





It would be childish of us to deny that our lives weren't changing. But for this night, none of us were going anywhere. That's the thing about really good friends and a really great Manhattan.



1 comentario:

  1. Sorry but that means your friends if you fight and disagree don't worry everything will work out.

    hugs,
    Shannon

    ResponderEliminar